Verizon Customer Support, NOT!!!
MarkDeS1

Anyone try and change the email settings on their Apple device, well it does not work and Verizon is not helping is't customers.  I was asked by a customer support agent if I wanted to be transfered to Apple as Verizon does not support Apple devices,  Well Verizon, the old email settings worked fine, not sure why you changed them BUT!!!!!!

Thanks for a lot of nothing Verizon, can't wait for the supervisor to call me back, if that happens at all. 

If anyone knows how to update an Apple device with the new email settings PLEASE reply.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Customer Support, NOT!!!
hracer
Contributor - Level 2

What is the issue besides you just complaining? What has changed? What kind of error if any are you getting? If you want help, then ask. Below is the only change that Verizon has made recently that I am aware of.

::OLD::

Incoming mail (POP3): incoming.verizon.net
Outgoing mail (SMTP): outgoing.verizon.net

::NEW::

Incoming mail (POP3): pop.verizon.net
Outgoing mail (SMTP): smtp.verizon.net

Re: Verizon Customer Support, NOT!!!
samtay

My emails stopped on Friday morning on my devices.  Now I receive an error message that my username and password combination are invalid even though I did not change anything.  The strange thing is I can still sign in to Verizon webmail with the same username and password, but my devices can no longer get access to the Verizon servers using the same combination.  I have tried changing the incoming server to pop and the outgoing server to smtp, but I still get the same error message.  Your advice to simply change the server names is not that simple.....for some of us it does not work!

0 Likes