Verizon Domain Account
doylemb64

We terminated our verizon residential when we moved in March but retained our email accounts by paying the annual domain service fee.  Last Tuesday, I stopped receiving emails.  I can send, access, etc.. but have not received an email in over a week.

We have called Verizon at least 7 times and have spent hours on the phone.   The domains support desk says they can see the account but then transfer us to another number to get it unlocked and then those people say they can't help us without our residential phone number which was terminated in March.  We must have talked to twenty different people so far and the only people that get the issue can't help us - it's another departments responsibility.

My husbands account works just fine.  I have already sold my verizon stock and established a gmail account based on this experience but am completely perplexed.  I tried logging into the keepmyemail.com service but it doesn't recognize my account even though it still works to log into email via yahoo.

Anyone else have this problem?  Definitely won't be using verizon at my new place.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Domain Account
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi doylemb64,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes
mdskier
Enthusiast - Level 2

Similar Domain Account problems. I have tried for hours and hours to contact verizon billing to change my credit card to renew my YDS Domain Account.  They can't even find my account due to there being no phone number tied to it.

The 2 agents who found the account don't do billing. (they found it in MD but I'm in CA) Billing can't find it. The  {edited for privacy} guys find it fine but they say they don't do billing anymore.  GREAT, A BILLING OFFICE

THAT DOES NOT DO BILLING.

I have a bill dated Aug 17, 2014 saying my credit card on file will be billed $19.95 on 9/16/14  to retain Domain service.

As of today the bill is unpaid- I checked with credit card co and on My Verizon. I'm not surprized since the bank replaced

the card.   This YDS account is poorly linked to My Verizon. The Credit Card I updated on My Verizon can't be used since

there is a $0.00 balance. Also autopay is not set-up. Account numbers on My Verizon are phony - neither Domains or Billing use these.

I'm afraid my account is about to be cancelled, Help  No one at Verizon has emailed me at this email or the two verizon

emails on this account.

Help,  How can I pay my bill.

John

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello mdskier

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

hbfrustrated
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I am also having the same or similar problems that you are describing. I am only now (after 5 1/2 hours on phone today getting passed around) beginning to get some feedback from    {edited for privacy}.

Try emailing to that address and and give them your account#, email address, etc. I think that is the only way you will get your problem addressed and hopefully resolved. They have responded to me within about 3 hours.

Most departments within VZ are not familiar with these accounts and just pass you around trying to help. It is my experience that VZ has had trouble being able to bill the Your Domain customers since its inception. Good Luck

mdskier
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks otthouse

I'll try tomorrow to get it pulled up using my email address.

Account # is bogus. No one out side of the Domain office uses it.

Account # on My Verizon is not recognized  at verizon.

Thanks ElizebethS - I went to the profile page as you suggested. Added information.

John

0 Likes
hbfrustrated
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your Welcome mdskier,

Go to your Site Control account for Your Domain Services and log in to your account with your user name and password.

You will probably see an alert highlighted in pink saying something like"your account has temporariy been suspended with with limited capabilities"(don't panic yet) There was a link in blue that said "contact us". Click on that and you will see 2 phone numbers that will continue to get you to a lot of nice people who wont be able to help you with billing for these accounts, so don't bother with calling if you don't have too. There should also be an email address to domain services billing dept. use that and email them with your account #, email, name, etc. and let them know what you need done. They should get it taken care of and corrected within a few hours.

Keep good notes in a file with all of your Domain Svcs information because you most likely will go thru this every year. Domain Services does not actually bill customer directly. They are supposed to get paid internally from Verizon EZ Pay, but they have some type of payment error problems. They are not able to play well together for some reason, and it results in this scenario each year or so.

Good Luck

mdskier
Enthusiast - Level 2

HORRAY !

THANK YOU otthouse   IT Worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Did you hear THANK YOU

Go to "site control" ( https://sitecontrol.domains.verizon.net/ ) then enter username & password. You can then change all kinds of stuff on your domain account; address; credit card; billing; orders; subaccounts etc.

Of course there were several fixable problems. My account was a dummy one (never used)  with no name, address, password etc. The username was a cryptic set of 8 letters I did not know..  All was easily fixed with several account reset emails to my verizon.net email.      It appears that all Domain accounts have a link to your site control account.

I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST anyone with a Domain problem try your "site control" first. Use above URL to access site control.     This URL is not really posted anywhere on verizon pages. I dug it out at the bottom of 1 of multiple emails from the Domain guys.   I noticed 7 trouble tickets on my "Site Control" over past 2 weeks. All were marked "closed" with apparently no action taken. ABSURD. What a way to run a business.

30 or more calls to Verizon/Verizon Billing (I kid you not) over past 30 days got me nowhere. My account barely appears on My Verizon and is not linked to do anything on My Verizon.

On site control I renewed my service THEN it asked for a credit card. I'll get at least one charge. If I get 2 or 3 I'll fix that later.

ottthouse, not verizon, solved my problem !

0 Likes
mommang
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the same issues since Sept. 17.  I cannot access my email on my macbook or iphone while I am in my house on my wireless.  I have called numerous times and have been told there were server issues.  I have tried to log into the site control but can't sign in there as my user name and passworld are not recognized.  I emailed my Domain to be told my account was suspended.  I called Verizon who told me my account was not suspended.  Nobody can seem to figure out who will be able to give my access to Site Control.  So very frustrating.  For now I am having my webmail forwarded to another email account.  If I knew if was going to be this much trouble I would have never kept my verizon email.  

0 Likes