Verizon email and Outlook 10
rebecca31
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just spent 30 minutes online with Verizon customer service trying to set up Outlook 10 to download my verizon.net email.  The agent wasn't able to make it work, so he told me to contact Microsoft.  After some more adjusting, I was finally able to get the outgoing test message to send (I can see it in my inbox when I access my account online), but I'm still getting an error message when I try to download messages to Outlook.  All of the settings in Outlook match the settings recommended by Verizon.  I had no problems with this until I upgraded from Outlook 07 to Outlook 10.  Any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email and Outlook 10
rebecca31
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I Googled my problem and solved it.  It was a setting in my Avast anti-virus program that was causing problems.  Too bad Verizon customer support wasn't aware of the conflict!

Re: Verizon email and Outlook 10
bnewcol

What error message were you getting and what did you have to do with Avast?  I have a problem where it is not recognizing my username or password and I am entering it correctly.  Wondering if MacAfee might be screwing around with it.  It shows that it is connected but it says I have incorrect username or password when it goes to send test email.

0 Likes