verizon email and sub account no longer working on Outlook 2007 after AOL conversion
firegeek1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two emails.  One the primary which is forwarded to a sub account on Verizon Fios.

I completed the email instructions on the primary account yesterday - today - I can no longer receive emails to either verizon account - the primary or sub in Outlook Office 2007.

Error - connection to the server was interuppted.

My internet connection works fine - issue is ONLY with email.

Does anyone know what the new settings are for outgoing and incoming after the AOL conversion?  

Looking for the settings for Outlook 2007

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Re: verizon email and sub account no longer working on Outlook 2007 after AOL conversion
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You may find some information here: https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/email/setup+and+use/questionsone/8...

Or one of our other members may be able to offer some advice.

0 Likes
Re: verizon email and sub account no longer working on Outlook 2007 after AOL conversion
firegeek1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you but those no longer work after the AOL conversion......

0 Likes
firegeek1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon should have the settings available - it was not until the AOL coversion of the email.  I, as a customer should not have to be spending hours looking or asking after Verizon merged their email over to AOL system.  It is the Verizon server that is causing the issue.

Glad I do not have a contract - gmail is looking much simplier at this point.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus
0 Likes
MacPCmb
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the same situation on the Apple Mail desktop application:  the AOL Verizon IMAP and SMTP server settings DO NOT WORK CORRECTLY -- we can receive email message (so IMAP is OK, I guess) but outgoing messages using smtp.aol.com with an "@verizon.net" email address do not send.  Apple Mail cannot authenticate the outgoing messages.

I have chatted with the AOL (now owned by Verizon) tech support people on two occasions this far and get the same canned response: "we are getting a lot of inquiries about this and we are working around the clock to resolve the situation" (this was two weeks ago, and again this morning). Those techs must be tired by now...

Thank you, Verizon, for dumping us into a poorly-tested environment for our email. And to think, we pay you for this level of "service".  Please devote the resources needed to resolve this issue -- and publish the solution for all of your CA, FL, and TX consumers that you have thrown into the AOL boat.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@MacPCmb wrote:

This is the same situation on the Apple Mail desktop application:  the AOL Verizon IMAP and SMTP server settings DO NOT WORK CORRECTLY -- we can receive email message (so IMAP is OK, I guess) but outgoing messages using smtp.aol.com with an "@verizon.net" email address do not send. 

Have you tried the original Verizon server names? I migrated 4 email accounts a week or two ago, I continue to use smtp.verizon.net and pop.verizon.net with AOL mail and userid@verizon.net for the name and all works just fine in Windows Live Mail (I don't have any Apple stuff). I of course am not using IMAP, I have no interest in it, but maybe you could at least get emails sent by going back to the verizon server names.

Do you get any error message(s) that might give a clue why emails are not being sent?

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
jimmer1

Here is what worked for me in Outlook 2003.

POP3 type of server

pop.aol.com

smtp.aol.com

ADVANCED TAB

incoming port 995 AFTER checking SSL

outgoing port 587 with SSL NOT checked

OUTGOING SERVER TAB

Outgoing server requires authentication checked

I could not get the IMAP type of server to work

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jimmer wrote:

Here is what worked for me in Outlook 2003.

POP3 type of server

pop.aol.com

smtp.aol.com

ADVANCED TAB

incoming port 995 AFTER checking SSL

outgoing port 587 with SSL NOT checked

OUTGOING SERVER TAB

Outgoing server requires authentication checked

I could not get the IMAP type of server to work

You definitely should be using ssl for outgoing.  Should be able to use port 465 but their site implies you can still use 587 at least if you use the AOL specific server names.  The verizon names have been made aliases of AOL names.  And yes people have it working.  Some people have gotten IMAP to work, and a tech did post some info on it in a different thread.

The use of other domain names is not generally supported.  Business accounts and Yourdomain users should be able to have it setup for them, although this apparently is one of the areas where there have been lots of problems.

See AOL's site help e.g.

https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-use-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-aol-mail

0 Likes
gm20151
Enthusiast - Level 2

Note you may need to use a generated App Password instead of your regular email password (that's the only thing that worked for me with Thunderbird.)  Log into AOL mail from a browser, go to Options | Account Info | Account Security, and choose Manage App Passwords, generate a password and use that when configuring your client.

0 Likes