Verizon Email Connection Via Outlook Slow Lately?
Nells250
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello all

Yesterday and today, my Internet connection has been fine, but sending and receiving email through Outlook has been VERY slow.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is Verizon doing maintenance in the Boston area? 

JD

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Email Connection Via Outlook Slow Lately?
hracer
Contributor - Level 2

There is a slow internet connection outage in your area.

0 Likes
Nells250
Enthusiast - Level 3

Aha, I see.  Appears to be effecting email but not webpages.  Curious, is there a place here I can look up such an issue, like a news section?

0 Likes
clarksburg
Enthusiast - Level 2

EXTREMELY SLOW!  Slow to the point where a message without any text in the body takes 30 seconds to send.  Sending a mail with a small attachment times out the server.  Not sure what is going on but using Outlook 2007 was going fine till today!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@clarksburg wrote:

EXTREMELY SLOW!  Slow to the point where a message without any text in the body takes 30 seconds to send.  Sending a mail with a small attachment times out the server.  Not sure what is going on but using Outlook 2007 was going fine till today!

Have you changed your server settings from incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net to pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net? Verizon is currently in the process of changing the server names you should use, see:

https://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzc_help_announcement&id=email_13_01...

When I made the change the send/receive was much, much faster.

Keller, TX 76248

kathyh4

Interesting.

We purchased the Verizon 3-way bundle about 4 months ago and cancelled before the 30 day trial was up.

Reason was the extremely slow email download.  Tried Windows Mail and Outlook.  My gmail downloaded really fast- it was just the Verizon stuff- a Jpg took over 6 minutes.

Had the tech here twice,  phone support 4 times and remote access twice with no results.

Finally talked with a manager who claimed they never heard of this problem before so they couldn't and WOULDN'T fix it if they could.

Bye bye, Verizon and welcome back Bright House. (Time Warner).

Now I see Verizon apparently came up with an easy fix by changing their setting from "incoming" to POP- should have done this a couple of months ago and they wouldn't have lost our account.

Disappointing because I really liked their FIOS and phone (had been waiting for 4 years for the FIOS to be available).

0 Likes