Re: Verizon email is down?
jessm78
Enthusiast - Level 3

@topcat77 wrote:

This email outage has been a problem all morning. I called Verizon and after a 10 minute wait got connected to a guy in India with whom communication was difficult. I asked him iif there was a general email outage or just me? I had to repeat several times before he understood. Then he said he need my number before he could answer. I hung up. Why was there not a blanket message on the phone when I got connected to cuctomer service. Why was there not a notice until the last few minutes on their website? And (not Verizon's fault) Why did a google search as to a verizon outage today yield nothing? Have I enetered the Twilight Zone? Email outages like this are big deals and customers should not have to jump through hoops to learn what is going on.

That's a very good point. I had Optimum Online (Cablevision) internet service until 3 years ago when I switched to FiOs. At least with Optimum, they'd usually note on their website or in a message on their phone help line the status of their email (and phone, etc.) systems. If there was a problem, even in certain areas, they'd usually let us know what the problem was and that they were working on it. I have no desire to switch back to Optimum for a number of reasons, but it'd be nice for Verizon to take a page from them and at least give some notice about any outages or problems. And at least let us know that they're looking into it/working on resolving it.

Andersons1987
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still down in Philadelphia, and when I try to log in, I get a line of raw code. Okay, email is down. But can't they manage a "Sorry" message?

I get to "View e-mail" or "Compose" and I'm stuck, but with same error code posted below.
Puccini1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is killing my business. I'm calling Verizon right now!

0 Likes
viceofreason
Enthusiast - Level 1
Spoiler
Notice, they make sure we can still receive their moronic entertainment "news" with all the hideous photos. WHO are the (sorry) **bleep** who "edit" this garbage and force it on us???
ginak2
Enthusiast - Level 2

One reason I went with Verizon for most of our services was that they used to have US-based tech support, which was extremely helpful, and I had gotten disgusted with dealing with AT&T tech support in India where they didn't understand the difference between local and long-distance service. In India they have "circles" and no local/long-distance, and obviously no one from AT&T educated them.

Some day (hopefully before it is too late), American business will realize that every job they outsource is an unemployed person in the USA.

But frankly I have so far found Verizon tech support to be very good, but I guess it is going downhill, judging by this fiasco. I also got better support from AT&T last time I called them (for a phone issue -- I still have one AT&T phone). Too complicated to explain.

0 Likes
Re: cannot access email - from phone or web-based computer
DoodleDiddle

Recorded message says that email is down, it's been down for several hours now, they are working on it.  is there anybody with verizon fios email that is working?

0 Likes
techome

Unable to access Verizon E-mail either by Webmail or by Outlook.  Webmail error message says "Unable to process request. Please try again later..." 

Outlook error when sending test message:

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] Service Temporarily Unavailable

I am in Carrollton, TX.

0 Likes
Re: E mail error
DoodleDiddle

Recorded message says email is down and it's been down for most of the morning now --- they are working on it.  It must be a big problem very unusual for an entire email system to go down, that's usually built to be highly redundant with a lot of failover built in to keep outages from occurring.

0 Likes
Re: E mail error
mydogbuddy

So glad I am not the only one experiencing this problem.  It has happened a few times in the last month but not for this long.  It worked this morning and now I can't get in at all.

0 Likes
PaulaStreet

Email down in Boston

0 Likes