Re: Verizon email is down?
Thomasj61

Down Florida {"res":{},"error":{"code":"3002","msg":"3002"}} 12:40P.M.

0 Likes
cariboo2

I live in Sarasota, FL and my e-mail is down as well.  It has been since early this morning.

Carolyn

0 Likes
droll13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still down in Orange County, California. When I called today (10/1/12) at 9:00 AM Pacific time, they gave an ETA of 24 hours.

When I asked why they don't have a simple status page showing known issues and ETAs, the reply was something like  "not everyone knows how to use the internet." Apparently the only way to get a status update is to call Verizon support again. And we all know what a pleasant experience that is.

Does anyone know if email messages are being queued on a backup system and will be delivered once the outage is over? Or do we all just lose those messages? Any Verizon folks here, please advise.

I'll be asking for a partial refund, but don't expect it to happen.

Re: Can't access my e-mail
ACH1

Our email has been down all morning, getting message -  {"res":{},"error":{"code":"3002","msg":"3002"}}

Just talked to Customer Service (Customer Service???) The said the estimated time of a fix was 1pm Central time.

I sure hope so.

0 Likes
travellerva
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, Heather, for finally acknowledging the email problem.  No doubt there are people around there tearing their hair out to fix it.  Please do so ASAP to help the thousands of users on hold.

...unless, of course, this is the beginning of the end of the internet network owing to a malicious cyber penetrator...  We'd better go to the post office and buy some stamps.

Been down here in UK since 11:40 UK DST.  Still down.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Some points:

1. Verizon offers their email for free. You do not pay an additional fee for the service, and you can't cancel it to reduce your bill. Stop complaining about the "service you pay for" being down. You are paying for the internet, not the email.

2. Using an ISP-provided address for business is unprofessional and, frankly, unwise. What happens if the ISP stops offering email? What happens if you move? What if you just switch ISPs? You can get a custom domain with multiple email addresses (and more reliable email service) for less than $1/month. No worries about moving/ISP issues, and no @verizon.net on the end.

3. I realize that you guys are all very upsetbut being upset doesn't help the issue get resolved any fasterThat is why some of us are suggesting walks outsideetcVerizon knows there is a problem and is working on it. There's nothing you can do to fix itso try to relax. Take a deep breath. The sun will rise tomorrow and it will all be ok.

Brian19751
Enthusiast - Level 2

Down in Central Texas.  

It seems like Verizon email is down with some regularity when others, like Hotmail, Gmail, etc. don't seem to have problems with the regularity of Verizon.  Is email seen more as just a secondary service to Verizon customers after they get us on the hook for internet?

macairl

It's down in Manhattan too.

0 Likes
Re: E mail error
GoodByeVerizon1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Down for me in San Jose, CA too

0 Likes
suesteveg1

down in Hudson,MA as well.  Was able to log into my e-mail account around 7:30 EDT, but around 8 AM started having problems and haven't been able to connect since.

0 Likes