Re: Verizon email is down?
patdemp

e-mail bakc up but all folderss are empty except for 5 new emails messages. Hope all the messages are restored soon.

0 Likes
wheadlee1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in Fredericksburg, VA and it has been down all day.  Has Verizon provided any explanation on the outage or an estimate for time to recover?

0 Likes
wingdam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm thrilled! the first of the month and ALL my credit card bills, utility bills, bank statements and other important emails from other creditors and tenants covering all the rentals I own appear to be lost.

Thanks Verizon.

0 Likes
Gidon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Re.  the empty folders (mine, too) ...

The empty folders shouldn't mean that incoming mail (into Verizon's servers) during the outage was lost.  Incoming mail should have been refused by Verizon's servers and stored for retry-transmission sender-side.  (Internet mail is a humongous store-and-forward contraption.)  It often takes many hours for the retransmissions to trickle in.  End-to-end, the result should be mail that's delayed, but not dropped.

Restoring messages received before the outage will be about Verizon's backup procedures, a separate issue.

suesteveg1

finally able to log into e-mail.

However, only have e-mail in my inbox that was received after 2:51 PM today.  None of the folders on my account exist, nor does the sent folder contain any e-mail that was previously sent.   e-mail or any e-mail that was in my inbox - COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.

0 Likes
bensel3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have only heard (via phone automated message) that they're aware of an email problem and are working to restore it.

Hearsay in this thread has said customer service has given a 24-48h estimate.

No Verizon employee has posted in this thread with explanation, description, or ETR.

At least one Verizon tagged person (Heather_VZ) has posted in this thread that it is being investigated (and may have said it was being worked on). Message 79. I have not seen a posting from an official associated with the company since page 8, but might have missed one.

--

Paul

(quoted message #79 below)

<quote>

10-01-2012 09:18 AM

Hi All-

We are aware there is an issue with Verizon email right now and we apologize for any inconvenience it's causing you. We’re working diligently behind the scenes to get things up and running as quickly as we can.  

Please bear with us- I’ll update you as soon as I hear more.

Thanks,

Heather

</quote>

(edit: formatting)

0 Likes
anker50

Our email went out in Tampa as well but has come back on.....now I want to know what has happened to all the email between 830pm last night and 3pm today?

0 Likes
jhecht
Enthusiast - Level 2

Email is back up in Newton, MA, but only one message is in the queue. It may take time to restore. 

I have sent test messages to my verizon account and they did not bounce, so I'm hopeful. 

0 Likes
Missing and deleted messages from the inbox on Verizon server. No download to Iphone
Bronnie

After not being able to receive new e mails for several hours, I uplugged the router and replugged after a minute.  One new e mail arrived on the PC, not on the iphone (messages always arrive in both places)   In addition, all existing messages that were in the inbox on the Verizon server have disappeared

0 Likes
MichaelStn

ALL of my stored email & folders, sent, drafts, etc are gone. Thanks.Verizon. 

0 Likes