Verizon email keeps asking me to sign in??
FlaGirl1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good Morning,

Just yesterday my email (verizon web based) started asking for me to sign in almost constantly. This is after I've checked the "keep me signed in box" which is supposed to keep me signed in for 2 weeks. I have never had any issues with this up until now & it's a major pain!! I can be in email & click on (for example) Amazon & go to their site & when I return to email I have to sign on again????? Very frustrated!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon email keeps asking me to sign in??
FlaGirl1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today is worse.....the sign in page just keeps quickly blinking for me to sign in while not allowing me to. Wow, can't wait until this contract is up......

0 Likes
carldi

Verizon keeps telling me that they will soon have a sign in policy that will allow you to be signed in for a period of time.  I'm not holding my breath.  The constant need to sign in is wearing thin rapidly.  Hard to believe that Verizon can't fix this more quickly.  It has been going on for months, since their new "concerns" about security surfaced.  Maybe not enough people complain about the status quo.

@FlaGirl wrote:

Good Morning,

Just yesterday my email (verizon web based) started asking for me to sign in almost constantly. This is after I've checked the "keep me signed in box" which is supposed to keep me signed in for 2 weeks. I have never had any issues with this up until now & it's a major pain!! I can be in email & click on (for example) Amazon & go to their site & when I return to email I have to sign on again????? Very frustrated!!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They bowed to pressure and implemented a keep my signed in option again. 4/30/2015

0 Likes
FlaGirl1
Enthusiast - Level 2
I saw that this morning & tried it. It kept me signed in for about 5 minutes woo hoo 😒
0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello FlaGirl,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I forwarded this to the team and will keep you posted on their findings via PM.

Thanks.

Nilsa

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

@FlaGirl wrote:

Today is worse.....the sign in page just keeps quickly blinking for me to sign in while not allowing me to. Wow, can't wait until this contract is up......

This is what's happening to me! I haven't tried to login for months, but today tried to so I could check on some settings. Totally can't login --- keeps cycling with "Please sign in to webmail" at the top left and a spinning spokey circle with "Signing In..." printed just above it.

And ... somehow it "sort of" thinks I'm already logged in, because top right corner has option to logout! I'm now locked out due to "too many erroneous attempts". I'll just give up

Windows Vista IE9, if that's relevant

0 Likes
GeneFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had a similar problem with verizon's webmail for the last few weeks. First, webmail never remembers my username despite checking the box. Second, I have to sign in twice. Once, after I get a popup telling me to retry. After the second time I go through the sign in process, it works (most of the time). I have completely given up on webmail and just send and receive emails with MS Outlook. The webmail is only useful as a portal to MS Outlook. Verizon's webmail is really lousy.

0 Likes
FlaGirl1
Enthusiast - Level 2
Knock on wood, mine has been working & keeping me signed in. But thank you for your input I hope they get everyone's figured out.
0 Likes