Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Verizon email on Android phone

SJH
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon email on Android phone

Message 1 of 7
(1,991 Views)

Recently, the Verizon email on my phone resets itslef and says that I have not read emails when I have.  It appears as though  I have new messages, but when I go in to view them on my phone, it is old messages showing up as Unread (aka New).

Upon logging in via the web access on a pc, those messages are "Read".  Why does the email on the phone continue to reset and mark messages as unread?  This happens multiple times in one day.

6 REPLIES 6
tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Verizon email on Android phone

Message 2 of 7
(1,958 Views)

The read/unread indicator is not something maintained at the Verizon site.  Each device and webmail maintains its own indicator.  So this is something with your android phone.

SJH
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 7
(1,944 Views)

I do not have this issue with other emails (work or gmail or yahoo).  It only occurs with Verizon email.  Would you happen to know what setting must be set to avoid this?  I think there might be some synching error between Verizon and the phone.

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 7
(1,942 Views)

Are you other emails using IMAP rather than POP3?

SJH
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 7
(1,919 Views)

I went to a Verizon store this weekend.  They said they are changing addresses ont he back-end and hence the problem.  I am not the only one who has come into their store with the issue.  They installed the My FIOS app on my phone and I am now getting email via that app instead of the native email app from Andorid.

Rodsman
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 7
(1,878 Views)

I was heading to a store this weekend as my Verizon email settings keep get refected for a failure to authorize.  I just downloaded the app and can now get my emails but it's not as convenient as just hitting the email icon.  Did the rep say when or if this was going to be fixed or is there a way to show your email as an icon from the Fios app itself?

Thanks for the post as this has been driving me crazy since it started!!

SJH
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 7
(1,870 Views)

He said it would be fixed, but could not provide a date.  The FIOS app is the best interim solution even though you can't see how many new emails you have until you open it.  At least you don;t have to constantly re-read messages you had read before. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title