Verizon has "Enhanced" e-mail security: WITHOUT Warning their customers
TigerG
Enthusiast - Level 3

It looks like this morning about 11:00 AM EDT Verizon has implemented "Enhanced Security". This was done with no warning. So did they get hacked?

You will need to login into your accounts and setup a new password, security image, and security question.

Verizon, you  make me feel so secure. Smiley Mad

Spoiler
Smiley Mad
0 Likes
Re: Verizon has "Enhanced" e-mail security: WITHOUT Warning their customers
MyEye
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey... Thanks for the heads-up, but where were did you read that?  I don't go on this board all that often ...

0 Likes
vze32svz

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR ALERTING THIS FORUM!! I went up on the website and you'll need to change your password by first getting a temporary access code. When you get the access code it will take you to a page to change your password. Once you do this everything should be restored. Of course you'll need to change the password on every device you're using...

Verizon said they'd sent me a text message to my mobile phone alerting me about this, but it's not true. I don't know how the majority of folks are going to find out about this!!

What a goat-rope...

0 Likes
poss727
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I didnt come here to check on the outage, I never would have known!!!!

0 Likes
PKCL

rant starts****I am logging in to specifically call out what a absolute nightmare it has been trying to get access to MyVerizon.  1st, It took 2 days for a PIN to be called to my home phone, and when it came in, it was 530 AM.  Then it would not work, so had to call in- again.  After 2 days of trying to get access, I finnaly got in.

NOW I AM ASKED TO DO THIS SAME THING AGAIN!!! What the heck is FULL ACCESSa dn why would I not have it when I first log in?  I could pay my bill, so it cant be a sucurity issue, since you have no issue capturing my bank info.  Can Verion make this site more unfriendly?  Is it possible to make this more complicated?  The support has been absoulty abismal.**** rant ends.

Verizion, please do a better job of working with your customers.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think they made a change that requrired you to "enhance" security or change password.  But the background server that handled passwords was apparently not responding, and causing messages that made people think they needed to change passworrds.  If you tried when the servers were back up, you didn't have to change your password.

0 Likes