verizon.net Email accessibility in Israel
steinsteve

I was recently traveling in Israel with my iPhone 6. I was using a local SIM card for in-country calling. I frequently was able to connect to free WiFi and had the following problems accessing my verizon.net email.

• Using the default Mail app on the iPhone, I could not connect to my verizon.net email at all anywhere in the country. I had no problem connecting to other email accounts such as AOL or Gmail.
  • I downloaded the "My FiOS" app in order to read my verizon.net email. When using this app, I was able to connect to verizon.net email in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv and Tiberias but not in Bet Shemesh. This was consistent, as I travelled into and out of Bet Shemesh several times. I would get "timeout" messages.
  • I tried accessing verizon.net email via webmail on my wife's iPad's browser. I had the same timeout problem in Bet Shemesh, with the additional info that it could not access the auth.verizon.net server.

Is there a setting I failed to change, or can I simply not access my verizon.net email in certain locations? Or might there be a problem in Bet Shemesh?

0 Likes
Re: verizon.net Email accessibility in Israel
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Please see the following post for information about overseas email access:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Email-Access-Overseas/td-p/744863

0 Likes
Re: verizon.net Email accessibility in Israel
steinsteve

I used the suggested workaround in Jerusalem. It did not work in Bet Shemesh, a community of nearly 100,000 people.

0 Likes