verizon.net email stuck on same message for 4 days
VMS11

Hi Community,

I use Thunderbird for all my email accounts. About 4 days ago, when getting messages from my verizon.net account, it showed 124 messages waiting, and received the first one. It then stopped. Now everytime it goes to get messages, it picks up the same message again, and stops. It will get no others waiting, This has happened on 3 of my windows 10 machines all using thunderbird. Does anyone know how to get past this bad message? BTW, if I go directly to AOL.COM, all of the messages appear. I even deleted that message in AOL.COM, but it keeps coming back to my thunderbird account.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what to do?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: verizon.net email stuck on same message for 4 days
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Re: verizon.net email stuck on same message for 4 days
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know if you have already got around the problem.  The usual way to fix this is to check out the bad message using the Web Browser interface.  Then move or delete the message. 

Usual reasons for problem is size of message, bad message formatting.  Occassionaly problems at the server, in which case problem goes away.  And very rarely a bug in Thunderbird.  Depending on what you  saw with the web interface you can decide if you want to pursue the problem with Mozilla/Thunderbird or AOL.

Toms post shows you some info on what to do if the problem is corruption of files on your PC.

0 Likes