Re: verizon smtp no longer allowing custom domains
GregPandolfo
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a bad move by Verizon.  When I spoke to a customer service rep, she said that I was the third call regarding this. I can't believe that this isn't a major issue for many customers.  They keep locking the threads, so we have to keep opening new ones.  Good luck.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dfirsching1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
tompixton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Suddenly my custom domain-based email account cannot be used to send emails. I can receive emails to that custom domain-based email address through Verizon Fios but cnanot send. I have an Exchange account at work and can send fine using that Exchange server. If Verizin recnetly (like today) changed the use of custom domain email addresses, that means I have to use my clunky verizon email. Bogus!

tompixton
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also did not receive any notice about cusom domain email adderesses no longer being supported. Today all outgoing email just wouldnt send. Can still receive mail from the custom domain email address. Just can't send. Terrible!

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nogginware,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi nalramli,

0 Likes
tompixton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Verizon support:

I also am furious about suddenly being denied outgoing email service, starting just today, because apparently Verizon no longer supports custom domain based non-Verizon email addresses. I have been using a custom domain based email to better brand my business instead of using stupid verizon1234@verizon.net. To suddenly not be able to is criminal. Please address the needs of the many businesses posting here. Thanks.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tompixton,

0 Likes
tompixton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.

0 Likes
jack63ss
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been running the same configuration for 10 years and as far as I can see I got 0 days of notification about this change, no email and no postal mail. And worse, I spent a hour online with tech support before they finally asked someone what was going on. I started using a custom domain for email when I changed from Charter to Verizon, so that if I had to change providers again my email address would not change. Maybe it is time to make a provider change.