Verizon Yahoo alias
Bcc2390

Recently lost ability to receive email  at alias email address  (alias@verizon.net) connected to main email account (main@verizon.net).   Is this caused by retirement of Verizon email and is any alternative available?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon alias addresses
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

@Bcc2390 wrote:

Recently lost ability to receive email addressed to Verizon alias account.   Main email address continues to function.   Is this a byproduct of retirement of Verizon email?   Can anything be done to preserve the alias addreess (alias@verizon.net)?

You guessed correctly.  You got caught rather lae in the game  - I lost my other@verizon.net account almost immediately.  It was of little consequence.

If you really want to preserve the address, contact the guys at FastMail.com and and explain the situation to them  They will answer emails even though you are not subscribed.  They may be able to help.  I am about to transfer to them for a seaparate reason.  Other than that, I have no relationship w/ FastMail

0 Likes
No Longer Receiving Email to Alias
bweingardt

Hi all - looks like I have stopped receiving email to an email alias I created. How might I go about resuming getting email? The alias was my primary email address. 

0 Likes
Re: No Longer Receiving Email to Alias
FrankHolmes

Welcome to the club. Started happening to me on Feb. 20. Long-used verizon email alias no long works through verizon-yahoo mail, either one the web or in Mail app. Several reports of same on the Yahoo forums. Sending to the verizon alias address generates an immeidate "no such user" bounce. Supposedly Yahoo "engineers" are working on the problem. Sorry, but the mere phrase "yahoo engineer" does not inspire confidence in a good outcome.

0 Likes
Cant send/received verizon yahoo email
Ealbalan

It has been almost 2 weeks that i can't get my verizon yaho email to work. I was tod that Yahoo has an issue with Alias account that i use. Any sugestions how to address this. Yahoo is not responding and verizon saying they are not manging it. 

Thank you 

0 Likes
Mail Failures for Alias/Subaccount and SPAM Folder Issue
MsSusan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm no longer able to send to my subaccount? I'm also not receiving ANY SPAM which is usually addessed to my Alias? I use this address for legitimate business also so I'm concerned I may not be rec. e-mails properly.

MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
 <ALIASsubaccountname@verizon.net>:
554: delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a verizon.net account (ALIASsubaccountname) [-5] - mta4042.aol.mail.ne1.yahoo.com
0 Likes