Verizon Yahoo email is blocking 3rd party apps
joedonohue13

On October 20th, I began experiencing difficulties accessing my email with 3rd party apps (Outlook and the Android Yahoo mail app).  I have since been able to access my email through Verizon Webmail.  However, I still cannot access my email from 3rd party apps.

The Yahoo app takes me to Verizon to change my password but then fails to recognize the new password change, and then loops me back to change the password again.  It has begun offering to send an authorization to an old email account I no longer have access to.  Outlook also gets the error message about not recognizing the password or user id.

I have had two chats with Verizon support.  One was upgraded to a second level wherein my computer was accessed remotely.  Neither were of any help.

If I can access my mail by using verizon yahoo webmail using my existing user name and password, I cannot understand why suddenly third party apps are blocked from Verizon Yahoo.  No server information was changed and it has been rechecked multiple times.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Yahoo email is blocking 3rd party apps
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi joedonohue13,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes