Re: Verizon Yahoo email not receiving incoming mail
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dtuskey,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Unable to connect to Verizon Yahoo email
Q-and-A
Enthusiast - Level 1

A few days ago my Samsung tablet and my Galaxy S5 both stopped receiving incoming mail from my verizon.net email account.  I changed nothing in my settings,  it just stopped receiving email.  Also, my laptop, using Thunderbird email, also suddenly lost the ability to download email at the same time.  My incoming POP server is incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

Is the server down? What is going on? Is anyone else having this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to connect to Verizon Yahoo email
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note that if you don't have your full email addrees including the domaain i.e yourid@verizon.net, you may have to change it in you settings.

0 Likes
Q-and-A
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, but that's not the problem.  I have the full address entered in the settings. 

0 Likes
mgerardi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem as many others on here.  My incoming mail stopped working on my phone Feb. 2nd.   What is the fix?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Q-and-A,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mgerardi,

0 Likes
cebandmax

Same problems.

0 Likes
gba2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also had my verizon.net emails stop downloading on Feb. 2. 

Would work fine on my web client, but not downloading to Outlook or my Android phone.  

I managed to get all the accounts working again. 

The verizon support pages in most places say to use pop.verizon.net and smtp.verizon.net for your incoming and outgoing servers.   If you have a @verizon.net email address, that usually won't work.  You have to use the incoming.yahoo.verizon.net and outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net.  

To get my Outlook working again, I had to change the username to include the '@verizon.net'.   so instead of just fred, you have to have fred@verizon.net.   It never used to be that way, but whatever the geniuses at Verizon did, you now have to do that.  

To get my Android mail app working, I first tried the above.  That alone didn't work. On my phone I couldn't change the username for an existing account, so had to delete it and readd it.  That wasn't sufficient however, and I also had to change security from SSL to SSL (Accept all certificates).  Now it works.  

So, I had to do 3 things: delete the account, re-add the account with username including the @verizon.net, and change my security type.   

mgerardi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!   This worked for me.   I was still waiting to hear back from Verizon.

0 Likes