Re: Verizon/Yahoo Email no longer working
clandis2

We have been having issues for at least a week. We can send/receive emails on our desk computer but not our Android smart phones or our iPad. I have spent significant time with a Verizon tech who finally stated that the yahoo/Verizon portal is having issues. I have not heard of a resolution yet. And this waiting is getting very OLD.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon/Yahoo Email no longer working
clandis2

I was told the same thing on 2/7/17. So we continue to wait.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to connect to Verizon Yahoo email
gba2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke to soon on my other post that I had got everything working.  

With the steps I outlined, I was able to get my primary account and sub-accounts working on Outlook. 

On my Android phone I can get all of the sub-accounts working, but not the primary account.  Makes no sense.  Tried all the various combinations of username with the '@verizon.net' and without, the variations of the server names, and the 2 types of SSL, nothing works. 

0 Likes
Re: Unable to connect to Verizon Yahoo email
Q-and-A
Enthusiast - Level 1

The android fix that worked for me was:

1. Delete the account

2. Use email address as username, including @verizon.net

3. Use security type SSL (accept all certificates)

4. Incoming port 995

5. Incoming server inoming.yahoo.verizon.net

6. Outgoing port 465

7. Outgoing server outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

Also, somewhere along the way, my email password for my primary email account was changed to be the same password that I use for my Verizon account access (before all this I had a password for my primary email account that was different from my other Verizon services).  So if you've done everything in 1-7 above, and still have trouble with your primary account, try using the password you use for your verizon account access (which is probably the same password you used to login to this community forum). 

Good luck!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Yahoo email not receiving incoming mail
Varg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has there been a resolution to this problem for not being able to receive email?

An update will be helpful.

0 Likes
Varg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is what worked for me:

adding @verizon.net to the user name.

This problem started in Februray 2, 2017 as stated by the author of this thread.

Wish Verizon had made an official announcement of this change instead of sending us on a fishing and guessing expedition.

0 Likes
Luvny

Did you originally set up your outlook account with Yahoo mail or have you always been using Verizon.net?  I use Yahoo (same with outlook POP/SMTP servers) and have the same issue as everyone on this thread.  I havent ever used the Verizon address and tried that too and it didnt work.  I spent 1/2 hr with online chat, and they didnt know what to do, but told me my outlook had a problem.  Clearly there is an issue with Yahoo Mail and Outlook, and likely being blocked by FIOS.  We need someone at Verizon to confirm this and the fix to unblock Yahoo in outlook (regardless if we are using Verizon.net sign on)  Please!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi luvny,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
can't receive emails on my yahoo.verizon
wgc191361
Enthusiast - Level 1

For over a month I have not been able to receive any emails using Thunderbird as my email client.

They stopped coming 2/2/1017. I can receive them using yahoo.verizon but not with a 3rd party program. This is on my desktop. It also stopped working on my Samsung edge 7 on the same date.

It still works on my ipad. Why I have no idea.

I can send emails though on all medias.

If anybody could shed some light on this for me I would be most appreciative.

TIA

wgc191361

0 Likes
Re: can't receive emails on my yahoo.verizon
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi wgc191361,

Please make sure that your email username in Thunderbird's account settings has "@verizon.net" appended.