Visa 300$ gift card????
as504669

I was promised several times on the phone when i signed up that i would receive the 300$ gift card because that was the offer i chose but its been over 2 months and i hear nothing from verizon about it. Is this a scam?

0 Likes
Re: Visa 300$ gift card????
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Different packages have different requirements before you receive the card. It's possible yours is the one where the processing does not start for 60 days. Please call Verizon and verify when you will receive it.

0 Likes
Re: Visa 300$ gift card????
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

>>as405669: I was promised several times on the phone when i signed up that i would receive the 300$ gift card because that was the offer i chose but its been over 2 months and i hear nothing from verizon about it. Is this a scam?

In the Washington, DC metro area, you have to wait 90 days before the gift card is sent so you will probably need to wait at least another 20-30 days--I did receive an email confirming that the card would be sent about 10 or so days before my 90 days had passed.

I'd suggest touching base directly with Verizon about this--this is a user-to-user forum and while Verizon staff does pop in now and again, it's primarily a user forum so do a live chat or call Verizon on the phone but I suspect they will tell you that it takes 90 days for the gift card.

Oh...and the most current iteration of the gift cards are a real pain to use compared to the last gift card I received (a year or so ago). The card has to be activated which is very annoying because it has to be done by phone (I have a hearing loss which makes the phone difficult to use), you can't deposit the card value in your bank account as you used to be able to do and, I found I couldn't get it to work when I tried to use it locally. It did work with no problems when I used it online.

0 Likes