Vz storage of emails?
RJMacReady
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone know if an email received around 11-15-15 would be on a server somewhere @ Vz? Probably have better luck with the NSA...             Thx, RJM

0 Likes
Re: Vz storage of emails?
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This all depends on who the email was sent too. If the email was saved by that person then possibly its still stored on a VZ server somewhere.

If that person moved it to trash or spam, then:

• All Email in the trash folder will be deleted after 2 days.
  • All Email in the Spam detector folder will be deleted after 4 days.

For more information see this page.

Probably have better luck with the NSA... Thx, RJM

Are you trying to ask Verizon to give you the email? Unless you are the account holder, I highly doubt Verizon would just hand over user's emails even if you ask nicely...

0 Likes
RJMacReady
Enthusiast - Level 3

As I said, I received it in November 2015. I was just wondering if Vz stored their traffic for a certain amount of time, but that was just a hail Mary. With all of the garbage that I get on Vz.net, they would need more storage space than the NSA's surveillance server farm. My zealous deleting of this huge volume of unslicited email made it easier for me to delete this particular message. I'm lucky if 2 messages out of every 30 are not spam. It is gone, unless the sender saved it.     RJM

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes and no.  They don't have it organized to help you.  But whole backups of servers exist  for some time. 

0 Likes