Webmail with Chrome on Windows 7
DSimon64
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHY do you have to keep changing things around,when they already work PERFECTLY WELL?!?!?!?!

You just changed the log-in procedure (using two pages), and NOW, I cannot log into webmail using Chrome!  

Could you PLEASE get your act together, and FIX THIS?!?!?!?!?!?

0 Likes
Re: Webmail with Chrome on Windows 7
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

0 Likes
DSimon64
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOL

Have you ever actually TRIED to contact Verizon using the "contact us" page??

I swear, I am SO SICK AND TIRED of the worthless, good-for-nothing complete absense of genuine customer service which characterizes Verizon, I am near my limits.

Is it that they JUST DON'T WANT customers to be happy and content?!?!?

Anyway, has ANYBODY OUT THERE had problems with the new two-page login for webmail while using CHrome?   If so, how did YOU fix it?  Anybody who can pass on their experiences or advice . . . it would be appreciated.

0 Likes
MROmom

I too cannot log into Verizon webmail for the past two weeks (ever since they switched to the two-page login methodology). I don't mind that they change things; I do mind that they don't test thoroughly. And when things fail, there is no good way for customers to seek help. I looked at the Contact Us page. It's mostly self-help stuff. I called and tried to reach the Technical team only to find that they work banker's hours. Something like 9am-5pm, etc. Enough complaining ...

In regard to the webmail authentication, it is definitely affecting Chrome. I'm using Chrome v37.0.2062.124 m and Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. I don't think the OS is relevant though since I manage to log in using Firefox 24 using the same PC. I just cannot get in via Chrome.

I have a work laptop that was working all day; then in the evening, Verizon webmail kicked me out and I began having problems (also in Chrome). On my work laptop, I cleared the browser cache, restarted the browser and used an alternate DNS name such as webmail.verizon.com or mail.verizon.com and I was able to log in again (while using the same home network as my home PC though via wireless instead of CAT5 ethernet cable).

I tried the same thing on my home PC ... clear browser cache, restart browser, reboot system, flush DNS, etc. So far, nothing worked. Getting to one's email shouldn't be this difficult. I work with software all day; I really don't wish to be spending time diagnosing Verizon issues. Sigh.

For what it is worth, as bad as the Verizon App is on the iPhone, it was not affected by this webmail authentication issue so guessing it's using a different authentication server/service.

MROmom

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

PLEASE SEE MY ATTACHMENT

0 Likes
MROmom

Hi Tom,

Looking at your attachment, I didn't think it would work but I tried it anyway and confirmed it doesn't make a difference. Your shortcut basically just launch a browser window navigating to the mail.verizon.com URL. If you are not experiencing login issues with Chrome so far, you won't have a problem re-logging in.

I upgraded Chrome to the latest version, matching yours. That didn't change anything either.

I took a look at the Chrome's Developer Console. I see some uncoverable errors:

If someone can forward these to the Verizon Technical team, the errors may help them.

0 Likes
BrnStmpf

I'm in Denmark using wifi to access the internet.

I just tried to to the Contact us link provided by the previous post:

http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs/

It resuts in the same sorry Verizon web page:

We're sorry....
We are not able to process your request. 

-Bernard Stumpf

0 Likes
MROmom

I finally got my Verizon webmail working on Chrome Version 38.0.2125.104 m (latest version) this morning. Here are some things I did. Please give them a try. If it works for you too, please vote on this reply so others know it could help them. Thanks.

1. Check your version ... Not 100% sure if this is relevant but often best to stay on the latest version to get all security patches. To update, bring up the About Google Chrome menu. It'll auto-check and tell you if an update is necessary.

2. Clear more than your browser cache ... Go to Settings > Show Advance Settings. Click on the Clear browsing data ... button. In the dialog box, Check every checkboxes except for "Content License" at the end.  Click on "clear browsing data" button at the bottom of the dialog box to submit.

3. Close your Chrome browser window.

4. Start a new Chrome browser window. Hold SHIFT and click on Refresh (this is a hard refresh; Refresh is the circular arrow next to your URL address field).

5. Enter "webmail.verizon.com". Follow the screen instructions to enter your user name and password.

These sequence of steps logged me into webmail sucessfully. I hope they work for you.

0 Likes