Windows Live Mail SSL Account Definitions for verizon.net Email Accounts
Justin46
Legend

Since it appears some people are having trouble getting the new SSL email definitions working, here are the account definitions I have been successfully using for four or five months. Maybe these will help some of you.

For privacy reasons I have blocked out my user name and email address.

Environment: Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows Live Mail 2011, Verizon FiOS

To repeat: These definitions work, have been working for months.

Keller, TX 76248

Re: Windows Live Mail SSL Account Definitions for verizon.net Email Accounts
svlady1

I tried and it says can't find verizion.net

0 Likes
Re: Windows Live Mail SSL Account Definitions for verizon.net Email Accounts
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

>>svlady1: I tried and it says can't find verizion.net

Unfortunately, the post you took as a source of info and replied to is dated December 2011 and no longer contains correct information.

I don't know if the following will be useful to you as there is no Windows Live Mail specific info but at least you'd have the new server names, ports and security settings:

Here is the link to the specific Verizon Announcement--url might wrap:

https://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzc_help_announcement&id=email_13_01...

Here is the link to the master Verizon Annoucements page--look for the annoucement on 1/29/13:

http://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzc_help_announcement

I found Verizon's Announcements page:

1. Signing in to my Verizon account

2. Click on "I want to..."  -- left side of the screen, just above the boxed-options "Home", "My Services", "Bill and Payment", etc.

3. A drop down menu will display and from the "I want to..." drop down menu, I chose "Check Verizon Announcements"--I had been looking for an Announcements box-option in the list of box-options just below the "I want to..." not realizing that "I want to..." was actually a drop down menu..

0 Likes