Windows Mail - Verizon.net email conflict
mpap248
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not able to access my Verizon email on Verizon.net or when I access my email through the web at work.

Prior to connecting with Windows mail, I had no problems at all. Now all of my Verizon emails are on my Windows mail and unread emails will show on the net + web but after I open them, they are gone.

I tried to repair with In Home agent but it could not sent a email to my account and would do no more.

I have Vista.

Any help - thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Windows Mail - Verizon.net email conflict
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to be doing this on the computer on which you receive your Windows Live Mail.  Scroll up in that pane ... see the word "Inbox"?   Right click on the line right above that (the name varies depending on what the account was named during setup).   Now follow my instructions from the previous post.

If you don't like Live Mail ... just stop using it.  Start your browser instead and read mail that way.

You can always go into your Add/Remove Programs section under Control Panel and deinstall the program if you feel that necessary.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Windows Live Mail configuration error ...

The mail that you pulled down to your Live Mail account is now local on your PC and no longer on the server.

Open Windows Live Mail, right click on the name of the mail account on the pane along the left side and select "Properties".  Click on the Advanced tab and place a check mark in the box labelled "leave a copy of the message on the server".  You can also select the option to delete the message from the server when you delete it from Windows Live Mail as well if that's the behavior you want.

0 Likes
mpap248
Enthusiast - Level 2

There's no name on the left pane - just says Folders. When I right click  "Properties" it is not able to be clicked on.

My Verizon email worked fine until I used  "In Home Agent" to automaticaly install Windows Mail. I kept getting a error and then it never installed right.

Any chance I can get out of the Windows Mail and just use the web version?

Thanks.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to be doing this on the computer on which you receive your Windows Live Mail.  Scroll up in that pane ... see the word "Inbox"?   Right click on the line right above that (the name varies depending on what the account was named during setup).   Now follow my instructions from the previous post.

If you don't like Live Mail ... just stop using it.  Start your browser instead and read mail that way.

You can always go into your Add/Remove Programs section under Control Panel and deinstall the program if you feel that necessary.

0 Likes
mpap248
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, a Windows Live Mail conflict.

Works now.

Thank You!!

0 Likes