HELP...I can't use my pc game :-(
walt901
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm new to fios.Moved from comcast to try this out.I am not happy at all.I race online with my pc.I had tried thismorning andwhile I had game online I did the speed test.Test came back with 30 down and 10 up ?????/I then went into the game online settings,and got it barely to work.Using the 56 k 14 kbs up 14 kbs down,it barely works.Im useing the Actiontec  MI 424 WR.Now this is suppose to be a wickedly fast internet.If this is fast,I'll go back to Comcast.Sorry,really frustrated right now.I've done it all.Could someone help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HELP..I can't use my PC game :-(
walt901
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok,I resolved it.When I ran speed opt. from fios,I also ran a program opt as well.Tune-up 2007.Internet and connection option to 10 mbps.I found out that was the problem.I reset the tune up setting to 512 internet and restarted the computer.Tried the game and it works fine.So if all you gamers out there has laggy game play online,and you have some sort of Tune-Up program,go in and set it to DSL/Cable 512 and below.Then run the FIOS optimization.It will work fine

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: HELP...I can't use my pc game :-(
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Perhaps a small/tiny NAT table?

Points to http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16233

If not, then...

#2 Is wireless is in the router enabled?

#3 If wireless in the router is enabled, what level of wireless security is it set to?

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1
  • How are you connecting between your PC and the Actiontec?  Wired or wireless?
    If wireless, then there could be any number of wireless issues slowing you down.
  • What speed tier are you on?  30/10 doesn't match any of the available tiers.
    I'm guessing you have 25/25.  If so, your upload is subpar.
  • Was the speediest wired or wireless. If wireless, what results do you get wired?
    Speedtests should always be run wired.
  • What OS on your PC?  Have your run the FIOS optimizer?

Please post a traceroute to the game server you use.

0 Likes
walt901
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok,I resolved it.When I ran speed opt. from fios,I also ran a program opt as well.Tune-up 2007.Internet and connection option to 10 mbps.I found out that was the problem.I reset the tune up setting to 512 internet and restarted the computer.Tried the game and it works fine.So if all you gamers out there has laggy game play online,and you have some sort of Tune-Up program,go in and set it to DSL/Cable 512 and below.Then run the FIOS optimization.It will work fine

0 Likes