Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

More than one router

deeelish
Contributor
Contributor

More than one router

Message 1 of 6
(4,862 Views)

Can I pay or request from Verizon  to have to have more than one wireless router in my house to light up my basement?

5 REPLIES 5
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: More than one router

Message 2 of 6
(4,853 Views)

@deeelish wrote:

Can I pay or request from Verizon  to have to have more than one wireless router in my house to light up my basement?

They will not support more than one router. I would suggest locating it on the middle floor for best coverage. Wireless coverage varies. My router is in the basement and I have a good signal two floors up. Perhaps trying to manually change the channel in your wireless router settings may help. There are many things that can cause interference and poor signal quality. I actually pick up neighbors Verizon routers and get a good signal. Depending on wireless signal density in your area, you could have interference. Try manually setting to different channels in the routers wireless setup.

Anti-Phish
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Message 3 of 6
(4,828 Views)

You can't have more than one WAN connection on a residential account.

You can connect additional Wireless Access Points (WAPs) to the LAN side of your router.

Any wireless router can be used as a WAP by running a LAN-to-LAN connection between the VZ router and your router and turning off DHCP server in the second router.

deeelish
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(4,773 Views)

Thanks to both of your for your feedback and suggestions. I think I'll try the second after-market router idea and see if that works. Ill post my results, but I'm sure that will work.  

viafax999
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 5 of 6
(4,697 Views)

@deeelish wrote:

You could get an Actiontec ECB2200 MOCA adapter, assuming you have a coax connector in your basement.  If you need wireless too then you would also need to obtain a wireless access point.  Alternatively you could add a switch to the moca adapter and hard wire the devices.

CapnCrunch
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 6 of 6
(4,683 Views)

Consider getting a wireless repeater.  You can find them online.  Here's a description of what a wireless repeater is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_repeater

Good LuckSmiley Happy

--
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title