More than one router
deeelish
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can I pay or request from Verizon  to have to have more than one wireless router in my house to light up my basement?

0 Likes
Re: More than one router
prisaz
Legend

@deeelish wrote:

Can I pay or request from Verizon  to have to have more than one wireless router in my house to light up my basement?

They will not support more than one router. I would suggest locating it on the middle floor for best coverage. Wireless coverage varies. My router is in the basement and I have a good signal two floors up. Perhaps trying to manually change the channel in your wireless router settings may help. There are many things that can cause interference and poor signal quality. I actually pick up neighbors Verizon routers and get a good signal. Depending on wireless signal density in your area, you could have interference. Try manually setting to different channels in the routers wireless setup.

Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

You can't have more than one WAN connection on a residential account.

You can connect additional Wireless Access Points (WAPs) to the LAN side of your router.

Any wireless router can be used as a WAP by running a LAN-to-LAN connection between the VZ router and your router and turning off DHCP server in the second router.

deeelish
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks to both of your for your feedback and suggestions. I think I'll try the second after-market router idea and see if that works. Ill post my results, but I'm sure that will work.  

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@deeelish wrote:

You could get an Actiontec ECB2200 MOCA adapter, assuming you have a coax connector in your basement.  If you need wireless too then you would also need to obtain a wireless access point.  Alternatively you could add a switch to the moca adapter and hard wire the devices.

0 Likes
CapnCrunch
Contributor - Level 2

Consider getting a wireless repeater.  You can find them online.  Here's a description of what a wireless repeater is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_repeater

Good LuckSmiley Happy

0 Likes