Website says Fios is unavailable to me, but I HAVE FIOS!
kurtzu2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying to figure out why my bill went up another $25 to $125 when every FIOS ad on TV and their local website says I can get the same bundle for $79. So I go to the website to build the bundle, and at the first step it says FIOS is not available at my address. BUT I ALREADY HAVE FIOS AT MY ADDRESS, so it clearly IS available.

I'm heading to Comcast or RCN.  Verizon clearly doesn't appreciate customer loyalty, and doesn't have a website where a customer can find out any information about the services actually available.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Website says Fios is unavailable to me, but I HAVE FIOS!
jonjones1
Legend

@kurtzu2 wrote:

Trying to figure out why my bill went up another $25 to $125 when every FIOS ad on TV and their local website says I can get the same bundle for $79. So I go to the website to build the bundle, and at the first step it says FIOS is not available at my address. BUT I ALREADY HAVE FIOS AT MY ADDRESS, so it clearly IS available.

I'm heading to Comcast or RCN.  Verizon clearly doesn't appreciate customer loyalty, and doesn't have a website where a customer can find out any information about the services actually available.

However the system for good or bad thinks it is not available to you. Could be a glitch that if you call 1-800-VERIZON they could see that service is there.

now as the other reply it will still not be the same price. Discounts fall off price goes up.

existing customers don’t get the new customer pricing. Additionally if you call you may get dinged for fees and lied to in order to make a sale so be careful. Get everything in writing and agree to nothing until you get confirmation. And do not sign any contracts.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

No cable provider offers existing customers the same deal as a new customer.

Did your contract expire? What part of you bill went up? Did you lose a certain discount?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@kurtzu2 wrote:

However the system for good or bad thinks it is not available to you. Could be a glitch that if you call 1-800-VERIZON they could see that service is there.

now as the other reply it will still not be the same price. Discounts fall off price goes up.

existing customers don’t get the new customer pricing. Additionally if you call you may get dinged for fees and lied to in order to make a sale so be careful. Get everything in writing and agree to nothing until you get confirmation. And do not sign any contracts.

Buffalo-wings

I had the exact same experiece - trying to find a FIOS deal as an existing FIOS customer and being told by the verizon website "FIOS is Unavailable".  This is going to sound crazy but I tried a different computer connected to the same Router and the verizon website then acknowledged FIOS was available and gave me FIOS plan options!  

The strange thing was the two computers showed slightly different versions of my street address (one added a LOT #). The Verizon website allegedly only recognizes valid US Postal street addresses but it makes no sense that two different computers on the same network returned different variations of my street address.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes