Fios Remote App
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this app meant to work?

Have it installed on a Galaxy Nexus and am trying to run the remote tab and all it does is says it's not connected to an STB.

In 1/2 hour of trying it once actually showed one of the 4 stb's in the house and apparently connected to it as I managed to change the channel twice but now nada.

Is there someting special I'meant to do?  The phone has a wifi connection to the the strongest wifi signal of the 3 wap's in the house.  Is that perhaps the problem?  Am I meant to only connect to the ssid of the fios router?

Any hints welcome.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Remote App
PJL
Master - Level 3

@viafax999 wrote:

Is this app meant to work?

Have it installed on a Galaxy Nexus and am trying to run the remote tab and all it does is says it's not connected to an STB.

In 1/2 hour of trying it once actually showed one of the 4 stb's in the house and apparently connected to it as I managed to change the channel twice but now nada.

Is there someting special I'meant to do?  The phone has a wifi connection to the the strongest wifi signal of the 3 wap's in the house.  Is that perhaps the problem?  Am I meant to only connect to the ssid of the fios router?

Any hints welcome.

The multiple waps may be the issue.  Bridging across routers can be problematic.  Try clearing the data and cache for the app in the Android settings before you try to connect.  Information about the STBs MAY be contained in the stored data, and when you change waps that information may not be accurate.

Just a thought.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@PJL wrote:

The multiple waps may be the issue.  Bridging across routers can be problematic.  Try clearing the data and cache for the app in the Android settings before you try to connect.  Information about the STBs MAY be contained in the stored data, and when you change waps that information may not be accurate.

Just a thought.

I'm not bridging.  They are cascaded subnets so each router has it's own wap and is it's own dhcp server.  I guess the app can't manage to handle multiple hops although I can connect via rdp from a wokstation on my 192.168.3 subnet thru the 192.168.30 subnet to a server on the 192.168.1 subnet (the Verizon router)  

I guess there is not enough intelligence in the app to be able to do the same

0 Likes
KR8CAOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is true, the app is not smart enough to work through your third party routers, it will work properly when it is connected to the Verizon Router SSID.  Unfortunatley 3rd party routers are not supported at this time.

0 Likes