Problems Conecting Amazon Echo Generation 2
Skeeter626

I choose the amazon choice in the list in wi-fi, Alexa lets me know I am connected and tells me to go back to the Alexa app to finish setup so I go back to the Alexa app and it won't proceed when I select the highlighted blue button to connect.

I am also no longer connected to my home wi-fi once I select the Amazon XXX from the wi-fi list.  It should not be this difficult.  Please help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems Conecting Amazon Echo Generation 2
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

When setting up the Echo, it needs you to connect to the Wi-Fi network that the Echo generates in order to configure the device for your home network. It's intentional for your phone or tablet to temporarily be disconnected from your home network, since nearly all Wi-Fi devices can't hold connections to two different Wi-Fi networks witout a lot of fuss (not that you'd want to do this). This is only for as long as you're able to get back into the Amazon Alexa app, enter in your Wi-Fi credentials for the Alexa to connect, and click Connect.

Ignore any messages from your device about being unable to connect to the Internet while you're making the Wi-Fi connection to the Alexa. And, make sure your device if it's configured for "Smart Network Switch" or "Wi-FI Assist" has the feature disabled.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

When setting up the Echo, it needs you to connect to the Wi-Fi network that the Echo generates in order to configure the device for your home network. It's intentional for your phone or tablet to temporarily be disconnected from your home network, since nearly all Wi-Fi devices can't hold connections to two different Wi-Fi networks witout a lot of fuss (not that you'd want to do this). This is only for as long as you're able to get back into the Amazon Alexa app, enter in your Wi-Fi credentials for the Alexa to connect, and click Connect.

Ignore any messages from your device about being unable to connect to the Internet while you're making the Wi-Fi connection to the Alexa. And, make sure your device if it's configured for "Smart Network Switch" or "Wi-FI Assist" has the feature disabled.