Absurdly slow speeds. Paying for 50 mbps download
abenzvi

Has anybody experience absurdly slow speeds with their service? I'm paying for 50mbps, but often only getting between 1-5 mbps. It's so bad that I can barely load YouTube videos when it's that slow. My 15 mbps TWC was much faster, although unrealiable. 

Verizon continually dismisses the situation saying that they don't guarantee wireless speeds. That's not a very satisfactory answer IMO. They also tell me to remove things that could be interfering, ie, baby monitors (but I have nothing like that). 

If anybody has solutions that would be great, otherwise I'll probably just have to switch back because it's painfully slow and nobody at Verizon seems to care enough. 

0 Likes
Re: Absurdly slow speeds. Paying for 50 mbps download
lawyerpoet

Same here. I pay another $10/month for Quantum high speed Internet service but iut is a gigantic hoax. It is even slower than when I had 25mps. Everyone uses wireless Internet so what is the good of saying they do not guarantee increased speed with wireless. I am going to NYAG over this fraud.

0 Likes
uk2

Totally agree.. I had much better speed with 15Mbps back in Fairfax than what I am getting here for 50/25. Netlifx freezes and can't even run a movie sometimes... Plus.. extremly extremly frustrated at Verizon's customer service... They make just a click away to sign up for plans or add anything into your plan, but when it come to removing something, they are the most dificult to deal with. I have been trying for the four days to get my Showtime removed, took me contacting the customer service chat person three times but they can't help, tried online, but when it comes to "checkout", I keep getting error messages, asking me to call the cusotmer service... plus, my phone plan went beyond the limit, I asked to upgrade to the 500 minute worldplan, no one can do it.. I will have to pay a huge bill just because my kids used up the minutes when I was in the middle of an emergency in the Philippines.... make me want throw out all the verizon stuff out in the snow...... 

0 Likes
asnmcmillan

I think it depends on where you live. My internet with verizon was great and my sister who live 5 miles away had horrible internet connection.  They came out many times and could never resolve it so she canceled.  I've noticed that some companies just have better service in certain areas, even local ones.  Sorry to hear you are having problems.

0 Likes
VUser50
Contributor - Level 2

If you only have N devices (and have an N router), change the 802.11 mode from compatibility mode to performance mode. But your best bet is to get a new router and attach it behind the FIOS one. Yeah it kinda sucks but ISPs aren't known for providing the best routers. 

0 Likes