Access to router
traj

Hi,

I just got set up yesterday and went to access the router.  As this was the first time accessing it, I expected to be able to choose a username and password.

Instead, it asked for a username and password.  After reading the manual, it said the default was "admin" and "password".  However, it wouldn't accept it.

Is my only option to do a reset?

Regards,

Traj

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Access to router
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

try  password1 for the password. that should work. If not just press and hold the reset button on the back of the router for 10-15 seconds and that will reset the password back to password

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another user is having the same issue.

Points you to

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Cannot-log-into-router/td-p/114552

0 Likes
traj

Not quite the same issue.

I have never logged in.  According to instructions, I should be able to with default info.  Thanks.

0 Likes
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

@traj wrote:

Hi,

I just got set up yesterday and went to access the router.  As this was the first time accessing it, I expected to be able to choose a username and password.

Instead, it asked for a username and password.  After reading the manual, it said the default was "admin" and "password".  However, it wouldn't accept it.

Is my only option to do a reset?

Regards,

Traj

Hi, By "setup" i am assuming you mean installed? If so, when the VZ tech installs the service they change the password in the router.  You can hard reset the router and it will default back to "admin" and "password" and you can change it to whatever you want from there.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

try  password1 for the password. that should work. If not just press and hold the reset button on the back of the router for 10-15 seconds and that will reset the password back to password

0 Likes
traj

Thanks.  That's what it was.  Unfortunately it didn't mention the "1" in the manual.

Regards,

Traj

0 Likes