Actiontec WR with linksys
MajorK1
Had Linksys/Netgear combination working with old DLINK (VZN) modem, but cannot get this in-house network integrated into new Actiontec WR sent (unasked) by VZN last week. Is this futile or can someone share the method to achieve this? Many thanks, MajorK
0 Likes
Re: Actiontec WR with linksys
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What specifically is not working? It helps to share some details on where a breakdown could be. Are you not getting Internet? Can you not reach the router's internal page when you connect up your modem? How is each device connected (as far as AP <> Router is concerned)?

0 Likes
MajorK1
Reasonable questions; sorry I didn't anticipate them. My attempt was to replicate the configuration that worked for a few years with current and prior linksys wireless routers: i.e., using one of the the ports in the Actiontec WR to connect to the WAN port on the linksys. Results with the new Actiontec = nothing. Is it possible that I was too hasty and should have tried harder to cajole a communication between them? I DID power down and recycle (i.e., restart) the neighboring linksys but remote devices were just not "seen" in the new config. Think I should go through the "dance" once more?
0 Likes
MajorK1

Oh! BTW: I DO have FiOS service working fine for those devices that are associated with the Actiontec.

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Make sure you're connecting from one of the 4 Actiontec LAN ports.  Do not use the Actiontec WAN port.

On the Linksys WAN settings page, is it set to "Obtain DHCP address automatically"?

What is the LAN subnet of the Linksys?  It must be different from the Actiontec's LAN subnet.  i.e.  the Linksys LAN subnet can NOT be 192.168.1.x.

0 Likes
MajorK1
Thank you! I will try these config settings this evening. BTW: Am using LAN port from Actiontec to connect to WAN port of Linksys. Will have to figure out how to option the settings you recommend (I think I can do that). More to follow.....
0 Likes