Another to add to the list of intermitent connectivity.....
ebonyknight

I am having the same problem.  I have been calling tech support and getting visited for two months!

Monday, i am downloading stuff to my computer and watching my roku.  I watch my download speed dwindle to 0 in a few seconds and my roku stops playing.  This is after, I have had my router replaced 3 times, had the external box and splitters replaced twice and have had the fiber "cleaned". 

Since the beginning of January, I have had intermittent connectivity issues.  I will have a good connection, then it drops!  It comes back, but this is getting frustrating.  I play an online game and this literally kills my session.  I had been playing fine for a month prior and had 0 problems.  Now I have not been able to play since then for any length of time.  My roku picture quality will fluctuate as the connections slows then comes back.  I have had a tech actually see the problem.  He calls network support directly and they say, they can't do anything if it's wireless.  Fine.  I plug it in and the tech watches what happens.  First couple of speed tests and it's fine.  The network tech is obviously trying to pawn it off on a wireless problem and I can hear it in his voice.  Boom!  Right in front of the tech at my house, the wired connection drops.  The network tech then asks him if he has a verizon laptop to replicate the problem.  He tells them that all of thier laptops have been taken back and they only have blackberries.  The network tech uses that opportunity to tell the tech at my side that there is NOTHING he can do then.  I am frustrated to the point of yelling.

I have had 3 different techs on five occasions visit my house to troubleshoot this problem.  The only thing they haven't done is to replace the PON card.  On the second or third call to tech support, a tech mentioned that to me and I have been asking to have it rebooted, replaced ever since and I keep getting the **bleep** run around.  One tech said that he was arranging to have it done, and then ANOTHER tech shows up on my doorstep on Friday.  Still the same problem.

I have been a FIOS customer for six or seven years now and haven't had but one other problem.  I don't know why this PON card issue is such a big deal, if I am not getting what I paid for!!!

After working with phone support and having someone come out after a half dozen times, i am praying that one of you guys has some more sway.

Everything has been replace at LEAST twice and I am still having the same problem.  Please check my PON card!!!

0 Likes
Re: Another to add to the list of intermitent connectivity.....
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes