Any recommendations for how to securely set up a doorbell camera via Fios internet?
Mark_VA_USA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any recommendations for how to securely set up Internet of Things (IoT) devices (like a Ring doorbell camera) using Fios internet so they will work?

Like how to set up a separate VLAN  (virtual LAN), a subnetwork , which can group together collections of devices on separate physical local area networks like for Ring doorbell and door locks and other  IOT devices?

And with respect to Verizon G1100 vs G3100 WiFi routers?

The FBI (Oregon Field Office) recommended that for Internet of Things (IoT) they should not be on the same network as one's computer - hence the post. (https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/portland/news/press-releases/tech-tuesday-internet-of-t...)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Any recommendations for how to securely set up a doorbell camera via Fios internet?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hello. Welcome to the Forums. You are largely talking to other customers here.

First things first.

#1 You only need to use their NAT router if:

a) You have FIOS TV One (or maybe I got the wording wrong. Ex FIOS One TV).

b) Or if you need support from

#2 But please keep in mind: That info is only base upon what I heard/read as I do and never had FIOS before.

View solution in original post

Re: Any recommendations for how to securely set up a doorbell camera via Fios internet?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hello. Welcome to the Forums. You are largely talking to other customers here.

First things first.

#1 You only need to use their NAT router if:

a) You have FIOS TV One (or maybe I got the wording wrong. Ex FIOS One TV).

b) Or if you need support from

#2 But please keep in mind: That info is only base upon what I heard/read as I do and never had FIOS before.