Being charged an install fee after being told by 4 different people I wouldn’t be
Athousandcuts

Verizon totally botched every part of my move. They told me I’d be able to self install and when I got there I wasn’t able to and called support as instructed in the manual. 

I call and they refuse to use to help saying they can’t find my ONT and I have no connection. They schedule a tech visit and promise it will be no charge. 

I wait an entire week and the tech comes and plugs in a single Ethernet cable to my wall outlets and magically it’s working. The ONT was never broken and simply wasn’t connected to my apartments Ethernet outlets. He even went as far as to badmouth support saying there was no reason for them to say the ONT wasn’t working and to send him out. 

Despite being told I wasn’t going to be charged my next bill (for August) showed up as having an install fee. I talked to another two people who told me it would be waived (it was). Now September’s bill rolls around and I have another $100 install fee on my bill. I can’t even reach support as they appear to be closed, but it’s not like they’d be able to actually do anything anyway (as evidenced by the fact I’ve spent HOURS with them to handle this issue and IM STILL BEING CHARGED). 

So I have no one to speak with regarding being charged an install fee which was ultimately Verizon’s fault and I’m also not on a contract. If this isn’t handled and I have to go through another agent I will be cancelling my service. 

0 Likes
Re: Being charged an install fee after being told by 4 different people I wouldn’t be
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Athousandcuts,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes