Bridge mode keeps dropping internet connection with Fios
MR44

I have a google mesh setup and have set my Fios Gateway G1100 to bridge mode.  It will work for several hours, and then becomes highly unstable.  If I don't have it in bridge mode, the google mesh occasionally drops through out the day for a minute then returns.  It's much faster in Bridge mode, and I'd like to maintain that, but it doesn't seem like the Gateway likes it.  

Need to know how to stabilize the bridge mode for Fios.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bridge mode keeps dropping internet connection with Fios
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you say Bridge Mode, do you mean you bridge G1100's WAN interface into the Network (Home/Office)?

If so, this setup is inherently unstable due to firmware configuration. G1100's RAM would overflow from time to time after its WAN interface is bridged. The solution would be either eliminate the G1100 from your setup, or upgrade to a G3100.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Bridge mode keeps dropping internet connection with Fios
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you say Bridge Mode, do you mean you bridge G1100's WAN interface into the Network (Home/Office)?

If so, this setup is inherently unstable due to firmware configuration. G1100's RAM would overflow from time to time after its WAN interface is bridged. The solution would be either eliminate the G1100 from your setup, or upgrade to a G3100.

0 Likes