Cable across yard without permission
AlexVaresident

I live in Fairfax County, Va, south of Old Town Alexandria.  Yesterday, a Verizon service man stopped at our house.  He said he was working on undergrounding cables in our area, and asked if a certain telephone pole was in our yard.  We said it was, and he left without saying more.  Today, we found a cable from that pole, running 50-75 feet across our yard to a neighbor’s house.  (The neighbor has a separate pole on his yard.). 

We did not give permission for this cable, nor is it in the easement for utilities that runs along the street.  We want to stop any further work until we can sort out things with Verizon.  (We are not Verizon customers ourselves.)

I need the telephone number of the Verizon office in Northern Virginia responsible for laying cables, and cannot get it!  I spent almost an hour on multiple calls into Verizon.  Each call center person I spoke with (three of them) said they needed to document and verify everything, and then a supervisor would call.  Never got the call, and all I want is a local contact number to speak with someone.  

Help!

0 Likes
Re: Cable across yard without permission
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AlexVaresident,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes