Cable cutting
copper45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi have a ? why can those customer that have left Verizon TV service and just stay with the Internet can not have the same access to the Verizon mobile app. We are still part of the fios service just without  TV, Verizon will be able to get more and keep more customer if they had a way to be able to steam program off that app, that same why as HBO and CBS . Let take a hard look at this and if have to get a price plan for those customer that us there smart TV to enjoy there programing.

0 Likes
Re: Cable cutting
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

The TV app is for those that subscribe to TV. Why should they let you have access to it when you don't pay for it?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What you're asking for is apparently in the works within Verizon. They have been planning to stream over the top IPTV for some time now. This is evident with the purchase of Teremark and Intel's IPTV technology. Some of this is sort-of seen in the new VMS.

0 Likes
copper45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi have a to ask you how did you get this information do you work for Verizon if so what office. How is the new vms and teremark have to do with streaming TV, The vms is a has so many issue for our customer and tech we did not do anything better .  If you look at Direct TV they use one stb that is the main base for up to 5 TV in a house and that can record 8 program at once and will let the customer watch those program on a tablet or cell phone. I just like to be able to watch live Tv and we will never move into that area so if you can give me a better outlook thanks.

0 Likes
copper45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi then why did Verizon have a app for there mobile device and stop customer to enjoy our TV service you have to look at those new Smart TV and they are trying to push the idea of Internet base TV.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This was information that has been spread across some other forums and news sites I visit. No one in Verizon has given me this information. I also do not work for Verizon.

Teremark has a play in this as the company is a data center brand with data centers all over the world. Many of them are found in key POPs located in the USA. With that purchase along with the fact that Verizon Business (the backbone and enterprise bandwidth provider) is present just about anywhere you'd like them to be, and the fact that their wireless network is so large, that would make sense. This would allow Verizon to more efficiently deliver video over the Internet.

The VMS was also showcased to be featuring IPTV like capabilities such as wireless set top boxes. The on demand since FiOS was born is also done entirely over IP along with the guide data.

The Intel IPTV platform that Verizon purchased was also a big giveaway. What does Verizon plan to do with that if they're not just buying it out for the patents? Seems pointless for a business to do that and not leverage the monitization value behind it. Today that is mobile and over the top streaming.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, but your original question stated that you didn't subscribe to TV service any more.

If your brother quit subscribing to DirecTv, his apps wouldn't work either.

Verizon has stated that they will roll out an IP TV service later this year.

No details as of yet.

But you will have to pay for it.

0 Likes
copper45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi thanks for that answer. But i still see streaming service will bet out the need for customer to get stb or vms those new smart TV will have a chip that will make it easy for customer.

0 Likes