Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Can bring up certain websites but can't log-in

eljefe
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Can bring up certain websites but can't log-in

Message 11 of 27
(1,310 Views)

@williec wrote:

I'm using Verizon Internet Security Suite (McAfee).  Yes, I have the problem with other browers.

I'd recommend uninstalling McAfee and installing Microsoft Security Essentials.

I've been using MSE since it became available.  I've never been infected with malware and I don't have any of the problems I see reported that are caused by other a/v - firewall programs on the market.

If for some reason MSE doesn't solve your problem, or doesn't float your boat in some other way, you can always revert to McAfee.

williec
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 12 of 27
(1,301 Views)

I have the Actiontec M1424WR Rev F Router.

db909
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 13 of 27
(1,292 Views)

Not the exact same issue, but I would still try changing your MTU to 1496.

http://chrisbenard.net/2014/02/25/How-to-Fix-Verizon-FiOS-Problem-Connecting-to-Websites/

williec
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 14 of 27
(1,251 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work.

db909
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 15 of 27
(1,236 Views)

That is odd.  If the sites work on the same laptop in other locations/ISPs it has to be something in the router as if there was global FIOS issue with healthcare.gov we all would have heard about it by now. 

I'd try a wired connection, after that I'd probably reset the router to factory.

eljefe
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 16 of 27
(1,224 Views)

@db909 wrote:

That is odd.  If the sites work on the same laptop in other locations/ISPs it has to be something in the router as if there was global FIOS issue with healthcare.gov we all would have heard about it by now. 

I'd try a wired connection, after that I'd probably reset the router to factory.

And if none of that works, considering the symtpoms, maybe it's time to ask Verizon for a replacement router?

VUser50
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 17 of 27
(1,217 Views)

Try using another User Account (make one if need be). If you feel comfotable enough, Try but don't install Linux. How to Try instructions here.  

williec
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 18 of 27
(1,203 Views)

If by wired you mean, ethernet connection between router and laptop, I've tried it with no luck.  I've also tried a factory reset of the router.   As much as I didn't want to do it, I guess its time I tried Verizon support.

williec
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 19 of 27
(1,140 Views)

I got help from Verizon technical support (took two tries to actually get someone to help).   The technician ran a trace from my router to United.com and determined that the problem was at United's server end; United needs to update their BOGON list.  The technician did send an email to United requesting the BOGON list be updated but I haven't been contacted by United yet nor can I log-in to their site.  The technician  also ran a trace Healthcare.gov and it showed no problem; however, I still have the same problem with Healthcare.gov as I do with United.com.  I believe there is more to the problem than outdated BOGON list.  I am trying to reach Healthcare.gov's technical support but they have a real backup right now and probably will have through the end of the month.   Bottom line is my issue has still not been resolved.

eljefe
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 20 of 27
(1,136 Views)

Considering the latest info, you might try changing your IP address.  For whatever it's worth, I have no trouble logging into either of the websites you mentioned.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title