Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Can I get a second ONT?

harivney1
Contributor
Contributor

Can I get a second ONT?

Message 1 of 9
(10,561 Views)

I currenlty have FIOS 20/20  internet but am thinking about getting a triple play bundle which includes 20/5. When I called Vzn they said I could not get 20/20 as part of buncle even If I was willing to pay for it.

So the question now is I could keep my 20/20 and get them to install another ONT that would be used for triple play bundle?

thanksl 

8 REPLIES 8
Provider7
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Can I get a second ONT?

Message 2 of 9
(10,550 Views)
I"m sure you could get another ont installed with the bundle...I'm just wondering if you asked them if you can get the service unbundled so you could keep your 20/20 service.  I can't imagine why you would want to pay for internet service twice.
cjacobs001
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 3 of 9
(10,545 Views)

actually, I have not seen multiple ONT's at the same address.  Is there an apartment number?

cjacobs001
Provider7
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 4 of 9
(10,534 Views)
I"ve seen it on business installations with Multiple lines, where the Ont can't accomodate all their telephone numbers.
spdrcr5
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 9
(10,521 Views)

There isn't any reason why you should need a second ONT.  I just got FiOS installed last week and got their Triple Freedom package.  I only got the 20/5 but could have gotten the 20/20 if I wanted it.  I have friends who have the Triple Freedom with the 20/20 so I know it is possible, at least here on Long Island.

armstrda
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 6 of 9
(10,509 Views)
Just curious, but what do you actually need the 20upload speed for?
cprgolds
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 7 of 9
(10,405 Views)

@harivney1 wrote:

I currenlty have FIOS 20/20  internet but am thinking about getting a triple play bundle which includes 20/5. When I called Vzn they said I could not get 20/20 as part of buncle even If I was willing to pay for it.

I don't think there is a technical reason that you can't get what you want with one ONT.

This sounds more like a commercial/pricing issue of what is actually included in the bundle.

cjacobs001
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 8 of 9
(10,334 Views)

the question is:  "So the question now is I could keep my 20/20 and get them to install another ONT that would be used for triple play bundle?"   

The first issue is that triple play = voice, data and internet,  so IF you accomplished this, you would then have two separate internet accounts into your same house.  -paying two bills, IF you could get them to do this.

second issue = qualifying for a second ONT.   In residentail accounts you cannot 'just get a second ont'    the residential building address may qualify for multiple ONT's but that may be an issue for you.

cjacobs001
Barking_Pumpkin
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 9 of 9
(10,322 Views)

I wanted Triple Freedom too with 20/20 FiOS Internet and FiOS Extreme HD TV service and was told the same thing.  I just had them change my speed to 20/5.  I can't really see any appreciable difference.

I would think Verizon could just run another line from the ONT box so they'd be no need for a second ONT box.  Just me guess, I'm not a tech.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title