Can my set-top box and wireless modem both plug into the wall at the same place?
twesterm
The way my home is if my set-top box and cable model have to be plugged into the cable outlet at different ports my set-top box must be plugged in near my TV and my modem must be plugged into my living room. In general, this is fine since I get a signal everywhere in my place but I would really like my game consoles to wired and not wireless. Is there a way I can have my set-top box and my modem both plugged into the same cable output from my wall?
0 Likes
Re: Can my set-top box and wireless modem both plug into the wall at the same place?
MisterJefferson
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't see why not.  Use a 5-1000MHz (or better) 2-way cable splitter from the wall jack so one line goes to the set top box, and the other goes to the modem/router.

0 Likes
Re: Can my set-top box and wireless modem both plug into the wall at the same place?
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Just make sure that the splitter that you use is a bi-directional splitter, not a uni-directional since the Verizon system needs communication in both directions.

0 Likes