Can VZ activate gigabit w/out coming out
raphster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pulled the trigger and switched to gigabit internet from 100/100, just internet service nothing else. Can verizon activate/provision the gigabit service from the central station or do they need to come out to activate/provision. Currently I have the  I211M-L ONT. My online account still says I have 100/100. I have plugged in my laptop directly to the ONT and the laptop indicates "no ethernet service". The ONT has green lights lit for MoCA, POTS, MGMT, NTWK, DATA and PWR. Not lit for VID, FAIL and BAT.

I called customer service and 1x the rep said they can take care of it on their end and it would take 24hrs. After 2 days and still see 100/100 on my account, I called again and this rep said they needed to send a tech out to my house to activate/provision gigabit service. But do to covid 19, they can't give me a date as to when.

I'm confused does my I211M-L ONT need to be replaced? or can activation/provisioning be done at the Verizon station? Am I getting the run around?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can VZ activate gigabit w/out coming out
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like you're on MoCA WAN.  If you try to upgrade while provisioned for MoCA WAN, their system will want to send a tech.

If you can run an Ethernet cable between the ONT and router yourself, Verizon can remotely provision the ONT for Ethernet WAN.  Then, you can place the upgrade order without a truck roll.

To have the WAN swtiched from MoCA to Ethernet, contact Verizon support via chat, their Twitter support or the VZ Direct forum at dslreports.com.  Takes about 5 minutes.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

raphster
Enthusiast - Level 2

update, I rebooted my ONT and now the DATA light is out. Does this mean Verizon needs to activate/provision my data/ethernet port? Can this be done remotely or does a service tech need to come to my house?

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like you're on MoCA WAN.  If you try to upgrade while provisioned for MoCA WAN, their system will want to send a tech.

If you can run an Ethernet cable between the ONT and router yourself, Verizon can remotely provision the ONT for Ethernet WAN.  Then, you can place the upgrade order without a truck roll.

To have the WAN swtiched from MoCA to Ethernet, contact Verizon support via chat, their Twitter support or the VZ Direct forum at dslreports.com.  Takes about 5 minutes.

Good Luck.

raphster
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon was able to ativate/provision my ONT ethernet port without coming out. I guess I just needed to talk to the right person.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

They can certainly switch you from MoCA to ethernet over the phone. Like gs0b said, it’s a matter of physically running the ethernet from the ONT to the router. That’s not doable for homeowners or even techs in certain situations.