Cannot connect to some websites from Verizon (but ATT gets there just fine...)
tadutton
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, for the past 24 hours I have repeatedly  tried to access a blog (ginandtacos.com) via my Verizon connection; Verizon returns an error message that they are unable to find the site.   They offer some alternatives from a Yahoo search that includes... the site I want.  I click their link, they report they can't find the site, and offer some alternatives from a Yahoo search... (rinse and repeat).

Switching to my ATT-provisioned phone, I can easily access the site, so it is not down.  

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot connect to some websites from Verizon (but ATT gets there just fine...)
tadutton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Answering my own question... 🙂

Not a Verizon issue.  The site owner asserts on Facebook that Network Solutions is holding the domain name hostage (and trying to blame ICANN).  Apparently the whole thing will be fixed just as soon as some additional marketing services are purchased, or so he says.

ATT shows the same failed DNS resolution now.  sigh.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Cannot connect to some websites from Verizon (but ATT gets there just fine...)
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is usually caused by DNS servers missing entries.  Do you use the default Verizon's, or one of the others.  I happen to use OPENDNS but there are many other popular ones.  E.g

Opendns

GOOGLE Public DNS

Norton DNS

0 Likes
tadutton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using the default Verizon DNS servers.

this all used to work just fine;   is this a Verizon problem?

0 Likes
tadutton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Answering my own question... 🙂

Not a Verizon issue.  The site owner asserts on Facebook that Network Solutions is holding the domain name hostage (and trying to blame ICANN).  Apparently the whole thing will be fixed just as soon as some additional marketing services are purchased, or so he says.

ATT shows the same failed DNS resolution now.  sigh.

0 Likes