Cannot Log In to my router
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2

I have not been able to log into my router at 192.168.1.1,  I looked on the Verizon web site and it shows for my router (Actiontec MI424WR ) that the default login is "admin" or :admin," and the default password is "password" (all without the quotation marks.

I keep being told that the login failed

Please tell me what the problem is and how to fix.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot Log In to my router
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Answer depends on what you "see" when you look on back of router 

Please look at video again.

Also might be a good idea to share your model number if you still have questions.

View solution in original post

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
Thanks, I did not yet reset the router so it will be worth a try when I get a chance (router in location not very accessible). Should the login be "admin" and the password "password" or "password1"?
0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Answer depends on what you "see" when you look on back of router 

Please look at video again.

Also might be a good idea to share your model number if you still have questions.

NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
I put the model number in the original post, but I did take another look at the video and finally realized thst the login information is shown on the router. I did not realize that and was just using the information I found online.
0 Likes
Lucipurr

I tried typing in the password that is under the admin password on my router and it still does not work. I tried "password" for it too but that doesn't work either. Is there any way I can reset it?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Lucipurr wrote:

I tried typing in the password that is under the admin password on my router and it still does not work. I tried "password" for it too but that doesn't work either. Is there any way I can reset it?

Press in the little button on back of router hold it for 30 seconds to be sure.

then use the routers login and password to get into router.

do not enter the WiFi password. Be sure it’s the right one.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes