Changes Upgrading from 75 Mbps to 150 Mbps?
quangvu1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Will I have to get a new router? Is there any wiring or ONT changes? Will a tech come?

0 Likes
Re: Changes Upgrading from 75 Mbps to 150 Mbps?
VUser50
Contributor - Level 2

@quangvu wrote:

Will I have to get a new router? Is there any wiring or ONT changes? Will a tech come?

If you have a BPON ONT (can look up if you do here) yes it will need to be replaced with a GPON unit by a tech. The wiring also will need to be changed from COAX to ethernet if that is your current set up but you can do that yourself. (I doubt but am not sure a tech would come just to setup an ethernet connection unless you pay.)

0 Likes
Re: Changes Upgrading from 75 Mbps to 150 Mbps?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@VUser50 wrote:

@quangvu wrote:

If you have a BPON ONT (can look up if you do here) yes it will need to be replaced with a GPON unit by a tech. The wiring also will need to be changed from COAX to ethernet if that is your current set up but you can do that yourself. (I doubt but am not sure a tech would come just to setup an ethernet connection unless you pay.)

If you have Coaxial for your WAN connection and move to a 150Mbps tier or higher, a tech will be dispatched to install the Ethernet drop as a part of the service. But yes, you can run your own and then try to get Verizon to enable the speed upgrade almost immediately if a GPON ONT is already in place.

0 Likes