Changing out the old Verizon Quantum Router With a New One
Jsuleman

Hey! I got a full home installation of the Verizon 2 years ago. I want to change out the quantum router, as it simply isn't covering a whole square footage of my house. I was wondering how I could do this? I have the Verizon gigabit plan. I purchased the TP-Link Archer Ac-5300 router. Do I need a MoCA aapter?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changing out the old Verizon Quantum Router With a New One
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ah yes, that device relied on the previous router to aquire the signal, as it acts as a cable to ethernet bridge in that respect. You can get that working by wiring an Ethernet cable from LAN from your router to WAN on the FiOS router and keep the Coax connnected to the FiOS router to restore that connection. The MoCA adaptor wouldn't do the whole job required to restore the connectivity with the extender, you'd need the router still.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are not using FiOS stb for service, you can use whatever router you wish. Contact support and ask them to move internet from coax to Ethernet.

If using stb, yes you will need moca adapter. Also need to read thread on using your own router with FiOS stbs.

Jsuleman

Ok so i followed the pinned guide. I released the DHCP and now the router is working. But the issue is, that while the guy was installing everything, he put another box, the WCB3000N in. which allowed my switch in which all the wall jacks are plugged in to have internet. Now that its using my archer router over ethernet, that WCB3000N box isnt working. What should I do?

0 Likes
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ah yes, that device relied on the previous router to aquire the signal, as it acts as a cable to ethernet bridge in that respect. You can get that working by wiring an Ethernet cable from LAN from your router to WAN on the FiOS router and keep the Coax connnected to the FiOS router to restore that connection. The MoCA adaptor wouldn't do the whole job required to restore the connectivity with the extender, you'd need the router still.