Communication Issue
Gagnonr011

There seems to be a major miscommunication between the Verizon Customer Support, Live Chat & the Technicians that implement the services.

I ordered the current promotion on the Verizon FiOS website (200/200 Mbps) for $39.99 per month with no annual contract and subject to taxes + Equipment fees.

I was told via telephone & Live Chat after ordering this plan on the Verizon FiOS website that my location is not eligible for this promotion and they suggested I take the lower 100/100 Mbps package for $104.99 instead.

I opened a live chat with a Verizon representative asking why my location was unable to have 200/200 Mbps speed and I wasn't given a clear answer. Later on the technician arrived at my location and told me that I could have more than 100 Mbps in my location, in-fact he said he can give me anything that I can pay for, up to and including the 300 Mbps & 960/840 Gigabit FiOS connection speed.

So in conclusion I originally ordered the $39.99 package @ 200/200 Mbps and was told I can't have that at my location via telephone & live chat representative, but when my technician arrives he tells me I could have any service I want as long as I can pay for it, he can do it for me...but because my order says "100/100 MBPS" that is all he is allowed to do at the time. He also told me that Verizon doesn't sell 200/200 Mbps speeds even though it's currently an active promotion on their main website.

So Why am I being lied to or "bait and switched" into believing that 200/200 Mbps is eligible (hence the website promotion) yet when I ordered it, I was later denied and offered lower service at a higher cost (even though the 200/200 Mbps offer is still active on the website until the end of September). Why do you allow customers to order an internet plan that you can't provide, and then try to sell them a slower speed at a much higher cost? That is literally a bait and switch.

0 Likes
Re: Communication Issue
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Gagnonr01,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes