Devices connecting to 192.168.2.x when they should be going to 192.168.1.x
fredc325

Hello,

Recently I have had a problem where some of the devices on my network are automatically connecting to my router with an ip address of 192.168.2.x. All devices connected this way can't access the internet. 

There are other devices that connect perfectly fine to a 192.168.1.x ip address and can connect to the internet.

Is there a way to prevent devices to connecting to a 192.168.2.x ip address?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Devices connecting to 192.168.2.x when they should be going to 192.168.1.x
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is usually the sign of having more than one router on the network set to run as a router. If you have two routers, make sure the second router is fully bridged (Bridge mode or AP mode depending on the router manufacturer), or that the router has functions like DHCP, UPnP, IGMP, IPv6, and the Firewall disabled. The router which your Intenet connection is directly plugged into should be the only router.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Devices connecting to 192.168.2.x when they should be going to 192.168.1.x
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is usually the sign of having more than one router on the network set to run as a router. If you have two routers, make sure the second router is fully bridged (Bridge mode or AP mode depending on the router manufacturer), or that the router has functions like DHCP, UPnP, IGMP, IPv6, and the Firewall disabled. The router which your Intenet connection is directly plugged into should be the only router.

0 Likes