Do I keep my old Actiontec MI424WR router if I switch to my own?
kegepet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I noticed that I'm no longer being charged a rental fee for my old Actiontec MI424WR router. But regardless, I'll soon be using my own router for various reasons. I'm curious though, will Verizon be wanting that old one back, or do I just keep it? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do I keep my old Actiontec MI424WR router if I switch to my own?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

The best way to find this out is to give the router's serial number to a support representative or to a Fios equipment return-capable corporate store or authorized retailer. If your router shows as owned, no need to return. If your router shows as rent, then you need to return it to avoid being charged a replacement fee. If your router cannot be found on the system, then you cannot return it.

[Update] The Actiontec Rev. I has reached its end of support in Sep, 2020. Customers are advised to recycle the router themselves.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

The best way to find this out is to give the router's serial number to a support representative or to a Fios equipment return-capable corporate store or authorized retailer. If your router shows as owned, no need to return. If your router shows as rent, then you need to return it to avoid being charged a replacement fee. If your router cannot be found on the system, then you cannot return it.

[Update] The Actiontec Rev. I has reached its end of support in Sep, 2020. Customers are advised to recycle the router themselves.

kegepet
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow, good info. Thanks for that!