Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Dynamic IP Synch Apps

Satch
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Dynamic IP Synch Apps

Message 1 of 3
(2,044 Views)

Is it ok to use an application I've seen advertised that detects when Verizon changes my IP address and updates a (DNS) server so my web site will still work?

If not then I'll have to get a static IP which I believe costs a lot more and can't be bundled with my TV and phone service.

Any information about this would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
viafax999
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Dynamic IP Synch Apps

Message 2 of 3
(2,031 Views)

@Satch wrote:

Is it ok to use an application I've seen advertised that detects when Verizon changes my IP address and updates a (DNS) server so my web site will still work?

If not then I'll have to get a static IP which I believe costs a lot more and can't be bundled with my TV and phone service.

Any information about this would be appreciated.

DynDNS support is in the router.

Set up your account with DynDNS.com.

@logon to the router @ 192.168.1.1 and select advanced

select personal domain name in the dns box

enter the account details

the router will keep dyndns up to date

lasagna
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Dynamic IP Synch Apps

Message 3 of 3
(2,006 Views)

Correct ... DynDNS is totally a permitted application.

Note however that running a web server exposed to the Internet on your home residential network connection is likely a Terms of Service violation (you can find those by clicking the "Terms and Conditions" link at the bottom of this page).   You'll also find that a web server running on standard ports is likely to also not be reachable from the Internet as Verizon has reportedly been blocking various "server" ports (smtp, http, etc.) to reduce the impact of people using the service inappropriately or infected with a "bot" or other piece of malware.

If you need a server, you need to either upgrade to a business class service or contract with a hosting provider (there are numerous providers out there that run as low as a couple dollars per month).

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title