Fast Netflix
VUser50
Contributor - Level 2

Anyone seeing particularly good Netflix quality, esp. in the NY area? After a recent day of poor quality everything, now my Netflix is better than ever. Maybe the peering issues are beginning to be resolved?

0 Likes
Re: Fast Netflix
SteveVi
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not here in the Boston area.  I'm getting SuperHD streams in glorious 384P with occasional high definition 480P 😞

Welcome back to 1980--it looks like hammered dog **bleep**.

This is getting very old.  I'll be calling Comcast next week to see what's available.  If there's anything workwhile I'll be filing a BBB and AG complaint about this current fiasco.  If Verizon can't honor their end of the bargain anf provide acceptable streaming quality, I shouldn't be required to honor my 2 year triple play contract terms.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

What kind of device/s are streaming SuperHD on?

0 Likes
VUser50
Contributor - Level 2

I'm streaming to my Chromecast, even though unless running a test video I can't know exact quality.

I'd wait before going to Comcast. They just signed a deal with Netflix (and are still implementing it). Verizon has said publicly that they plan to follow.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@VUser50 wrote:

I'm streaming to my Chromecast, even though unless running a test video I can't know exact quality.

I'd wait before going to Comcast. They just signed a deal with Netflix (and are still implementing it). Verizon has said publicly that they plan to follow.

Where can I find test videos to try?

I am in the Boston area and never have had any issues with netflix so would be interest to see what test videos would show.  Am streaming via Chromecast and a Roku 3 - the Roku is hard wired.

0 Likes
VUser50
Contributor - Level 2

Search for "Example Short" in Netflix. 

0 Likes
anonFios
Contributor - Level 2

@viafax999 wrote:

@VUser50 wrote:

Where can I find test videos to try?

I am in the Boston area and never have had any issues with netflix so would be interest to see what test videos would show.  Am streaming via Chromecast and a Roku 3 - the Roku is hard wired.

Time of day matters too. For example, if you're primarily streaming at 4am when most people are asleep then you likely won't have any issues. When you run your tests, try around 8 or 9pm.

(I'm also in Boston area and consistantly have issues with Netflix and Hulu, primarily between roughly 7pm and midnight)

0 Likes
VUser50
Contributor - Level 2

Can't speak for other users, and the streams are not perfect, but I'm still seeing much better Netflix performance. In HD 85% of the time during non-peak hours and 50% of the time during peak hours. (Including now on a Sunday night!... granted certain TV shows may be helping steer away traffic)

0 Likes
optivity
Contributor - Level 3

Some individuals may be experiencing improved performance streaming HD video from Netflix because a lot of FiOS/Netflix subscribers, like myself for example, have given up.

I cancelled my subscription w/Netflix a couple of weeks ago due to the poor video streaming performance Verizon is allowing on their network.

Yesterday I paid, early as always, my monthly $204 Verizon FiOS Triple Play package bill.

Thanks for your support Verizon.

Thanks for nothing.

0 Likes
SoNi67
Contributor - Level 1

Use the unlocator.com DNS. Is free (for now, beta stage).

With it I get consistent 3000kbps, all the time, from Netflix. With Verizon DNS (automatic) I get 340-500kbps in the same period (evening).

0 Likes